I am now officially a fairy godmother in training! I got my outfit and hat, and I do look fabulous if I do say so myself.
Everything here is changing and growing, becoming more and more awesome as the minutes pass. We walked around for a bit (it was actually really chilly, I wasn't ready!) and then we went inside to watch a message from the VP of the Magic Kingdom. It was cheesy and over-the-top but cute, and we got to know a little more about the park.
Then we split up and went to our specific areas (technically I am merchandise because we sell things, but entertainment has just as big a hand in our job.) So me and Khira (another CPer from BYU-I) are the only ones for now in the BBBoutique from the CP, all the rest of the workers are permanent.
So we just got our costumes (Yippee!!!) and then went on the computer to learn about some pretty boring stuff like where the books on hazardous chemicals are kept... Yeah lame. Anyways then we were done for that day (Friday).
We went back this morning to do on-site training and learned podium. I was going crazy learning about it. It is hard, but basically like Xpressions (the salon I worked front desk at) without the phone ringing. It is actually easier than that job, because there are 3 people working podium at any one time. The person checking reservations, the one helping find sizes for princesses, and the one setting up the dressing rooms for the little ones.
It is pretty simple after doing it for hours. It didn't take me too long to figure out. Tomorrow we get to do doll hair! I am actually really excited to try out the styles! It will be really fun when I can work on the hair! I still have to learn cash wrap though, and that will probably be rather easy because I have done register before. No prob.
I just can't wait! I have a very busy schedule of work hours which is good, but I am the luckiest girl alive because my job is one of the highest paying CP jobs, and we get split tips, which means I am making money even when I am not working! I know people tip too, because three people asked me today if it was ok. My trainer said they split it all at the end of the week and we can get it every Saturday after close. Horray! I am very happy about this! It also gets split by how many hours we work so I work a ton and will get a ton.
I am really happy about this job. I got to be super girly and frilly today, and watch all the little girls just light up at the way we act. They drop the shy act within 3 minutes usually. It is so rewarding, and I used to work harder for less reward. To top it all off, when we take our little hair info class we get a limited cosmo liscence and can get the discount at Sallys Boo Ya!!!
Today is a good day, and this job might just be the best I have ever had. I love Florida, I love Disney more and more every day, and I LOVE MY LIFE. I am super happy right now, and I just got home from a very long shift. If that isn't the way anyone would want to live, they don't know w=how to live. Well all, I will be sure to keep you updated, and more info to come on my visits to Animal Kingdom and EPCOT soon!
Love you all!
XOXOXO
Amber
That sounds absolutely fabulous! Its a good thing I never knew about jobs like that when I was young or I might never have gotten married!! Miss you and your family! You're such a cutie. They are lucky to have you!
ReplyDelete