So I have completed my first day at Disney! It was all about paperwork and stuff. It has been the most exhausting day I have ever had. It started at 5:30 am (2:30 am for all you Vegas people!) when we woke up from the hotel. I had met three BYUI girls to stay overnight with and we planned on all going down to get breakfast and then catch the bus at 6:45 so we could get to check in early and have a good spot in housing. This is all my stuff I brought to the hotel:

This is all of us getting ready in the oh so flattering light of a hotel room florescent. Don't we look GORGEOUS?

This is the line to get to the front of vista way for housing check in. The line ends in back of the tree on the right so if you think about it, the line isn't bad. The check in was inside, so as soon as they opened the gates, we all had to walk really really fat, all the way through the complex to get to the actual check in. My bags weigh about 50 lbs and 45 lbs, and add a tote and backpack on top, and I was lugging about 90% of my wwight. It was heavy and my hands hurt a ton. Blisters ouch!

This is the preliminary check in. Verify email and phone number on the iPads (Cool) and head on over to get your apartment assignment and room key and photo id for the busses and security. That line was long too.

This is in between lines (you can see people in the back waiting) but I thought it was cool and it got me really excited to start! Our journey really does start there, so I was really excited! Plus, they had a guarded pavilion to keep our luggage, so at this point, I didn't have a million bags anymore! Yay!

This is the line to sign the document saying that we will obey all the housing rules. Looks like fun eh?

This is the line to get our housing assignments. I live in chatham whick is very nice and rather new, so I am really happy about that (more on my apartment later) and In this line I got a room key and a photo ID that lets me in through security and lets me ride the cast busses for free!

This is on the cast bus. We all loaded up so we could go to casting and wait in more lines telling us where our location is (I got the magic kingdom!) and do all our security stuff. But here is the Disney World entrance sign! I am here! I made it! I am really going to casting in Disney World! Yay! I cheered and hollered along with everyone else as we drove under because this is one of the most magical days of my life!

The famed alice in wonderland doorknob that I have heard so much about at the casting building is really just ok. If it is so wonderful and famous, why isn't it kept up? It's kind of lame compared to other things that make walt disney world famous if you ask me. But here ikt is anyway. Live it up.

The inside of the casting building. The rest of the building just looks like Disney office space, so they had posters and banners up to direct us through the maze to the 12 or so different stations. We went through education, I9 forms, passport/id check, criminal check, fingerprinting, disney look, work location specifics, direct deposit, waivers and confidentiality, and a couple others I cant remember. Each had a hefty line. It took several hours, but thanks to the efficiency and seamless cooperation of the staff, I have never seen anything so smooth and organized! It was like a well oiled machine working and I was really impressed with how everything ran.

By the end I was exausted! But time for one more picture! Yay! After I got that it was back on a bus to get my baggage and find my apartment. After I lugged my 100+ lb bags up three flights of stairs one by one, I unpacked, made the bed, put things away etc. That took only like 30 minutes because even with that much weight, it only filled up a tiny portion of my room.

Then I rested for about ten minutes before I had to leave for the welcome housing meeting (mandatory to go to). It was super long and boring (all about weapon use, drugs, and sneaking people in, all of which I would never do-ever so it's funny that I had to watch it) but I made ith through! Then I went home, found my old roommate Aubrey and we went in search of the ward FHE for that night. I was starving though so we were a little late because we went to Panera bread for dinner. Mmm Panini. anyways, the ward meet and greet was ok, we all just did the "my name is, I'm from, I work at" game for a long time, then I got to go home and finally rest after such an intense day! Whew! What a blast this program will be!!!
More on my apartment later, and all about training when I get to it on Wednesday!
Love you all!
XOXO
No comments:
Post a Comment